Friday, May 18, 2012

Balsamic herb chicken kabobs

I know I've told you this before, but I never listen on the first time, so why would you? These Lawry's marinades are sent-from-the-heavens-amazing and it's my sole mission in life to try every single one that they make. My favorite is the Steak and Chop flavor that I talked about HERE, but I'm also a big fan of the Chipotle one I talked about HERE. The balsamic herb was a new one for us, but I thought it would be perfect for chicken...and I'm not wrong very often :)


I just skewered some chicken breasts, whatever veggies I could find in the fridge (cherry tomatoes, onion, green pepper this go around), and a couple red potatoes sliced very thin....and then threw them all in a dish to pour the loveliness that is Lawry's all over my sticks to marinate overnight.

Do notice that from my previous grilling experiences with kebabs, I have started to separate veggies from taters from meat. They all cook at different lengths of time so I would end up with crispy veggies, dry meat, and not done taters....nobody likes that. So I've begun splitting them so the taters can be on longer and the rest on shorter periods of time so that everything is done perfectly at the same time. It's the little things that make me happy :)



"I always forget how fun kebabs are...shove a stick in and it makes dinner sweeter than shit!" A little knowledge bomb from the Main Man there...words to the wise.  Next time you're bored with your normal grilling routine, just shove a stick in and all is right with the world. Oh, and use the Lawry's marinades!!  Carry on with your Friday :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment