Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spinach artichoke dip

This is pretty much my own concoction...I've seen a million spin dip recipes and just kinda threw this together once. It's mainly stuff that I have on hand so I have stuck with this recipe throughout my party throwing days...

This is another tailgating recipe.  I think crockpots were specifically invented for tailgates.  Cook everything right there, keep it warm to nibble on all day, have it all ready ahead of time to just throw the switch on when you're ready...no muss, no fuss on gameday.  Abby likes.

1 jar reduced fat alfredo sauce
2 (8 oz) containers fat free cream cheese
1 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese
1 bag 2% mozzerella cheese
2 cans drained spinach
2 cans drained artichokes
cracked black pepper to taste
crushed red pepper to taste (I use a lot of this because using lower fat ingredients cuts down on flavor, this gives it a little zing so you're still loving it even with the lower calorie count)

Again, add all ingredients to the crockpot, throw on high for an hour while stirring occasionally, and voila!  Serve with tortilla chips or crusty baguette....

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment