Monday, November 7, 2011

S'mores bars

The plan was to make a plate of these to bring to the new neighbors (yesssss, the house next door finally sold and the couple that moved in is our age)...but, that didn't quite happen. Justin said I was an 80 year old for baking for the new neighbors so I got nervous they would think the same thing...we don't want them to get the impression that we're not hip, now do we?  So I brought the whole pan to our Halloween party, which was really Brandy's surprise 30th birthday party, which turned out great!  As you know, Im not much into desserts but these are a smash hit when they're right outta the oven....when they cool off they're alright but you def want to serve these warm (Amanda was visiting from Texas and couldn't keep her hand out of the pan!

Here's what you'll need:

1/2 C. margarine or butter, melted
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1 C. flour
1/2 C. graham cracker crumbs (about 1/2 a package graham crackers)
2 C. mini marshmallows (or as many as you'd like)
1/2 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips

Beat margarine or butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add combined flour and crumbs; mix well. Press onto bottom of greased 9 inch square baking pan. I started out with a fork but I ended up using my hands like I was spreading a pizza dough...



I doubled the recipe too so I could make a standard 13x9 baking dish full of smore bar love. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and then marshmallows.


Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. I had to let them cool before cutting them so they could harden up, but before serving just throw them in the microwave quick for the melty smore like quality.  Word to the wise...don't try these after you brush your teeth or you will think they are horrible and almost throw them away.  They are actually quite delightful so don't throw them away.  :)



Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment