Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Southwest salad


Aunt Kris, you are saving my life with your recipes when I don't have time to be cooking or am on vacation! Everything you post for me looks so yummy, I'm sure people will find your recipes as appealing as I do! Here's the next edition from the kitchen of my Auntie Kris! :)

Here's the recipe: one 16 oz bag frozen corn- thawed and drained, one 15 oz can black beans- rinsed and drained, 1/2 cup diced black olives, 3/4 cup fresh salsa (refrigerated kind- I drain the excess juice before adding it, otherwise it ca...n dilute the vinaigrette), 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro- chopped, 1 & 1/2 to 2 teaspoon garlic red wine vinegar, 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil (I lightly drizzle this, so this is a pretty good gestimate, but it doesn't take very much- just enough to create a light vinaigrette with the vinegar, not drown it in oil- I'd err on the side of less than more), 1 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight or at least 2-3 hours before serving. You can control the level of heat by the salsa you choose. I'm not a fan of super spicy foods that burn my tongue so I generally use mild, medium at the most, but you may like it hotter. Enjoy!


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment