Monday, February 20, 2012

Chicken florentine casserole

I got this recipe off the Kraft website, which gives options on how to use their cooking cremes.  I've seen these in the store tons of times, but decided to grab a couple of the flavors a while ago to give them a shot. This recipe was actually made and devoured about a month ago when we brought dinner over for the Hofers after they got out of the hospital with their new little bundle of joy, Greyson John.   Two of our other friends were there as well so this recipe fed 6 adults, and there were even a few leftovers.


1 t oil
1 1b boneless skinnless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tub Philadelphia Italian cheese and herb cooking creme
3/4 cup milk
1 box bow tie pasta (farfalle), already cooked
1 package fresh spinach (10 oz)
1 cup mozzarella cheese (I used 2%)
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Heat oven to 375 and heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and garlic, cook and stir 6-7 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in all remaining ingredients except bacon.  Spoon into 9x13 baking dish that is sprayed with cooking spray and bake covered for 25 minutes or until heated through, uncovering and sprinkling with bacon after 15 minutes.



If you make this ahead like I did, I might double the cooking cream used because the sauce tends to dry out. Plus, you will need to double the baking time to bring it from cold to hot, rather than from warm to hot. Other than that, it seemed to be a hit, and I'm sure it would great for kids as well! By the way, isn't bow tie pasta just adorable?!  It might be my favorite noodle, if one is allowed to have a favorite.  :)


Pin It


26 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy. I couldn't figure out what to make tonight and this just made up my mind. I've never used any of the Kraft cooking creams...looks interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got great taste! Let me know how you like it...

      Delete
  2. Do you cook the pasta before you bake it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you for pointing out that I left that information off! I modified the ingredient list to noodles that are pre-cooked...

      Delete
  3. I found this on Pinterest and am making it tonight when our company comes! I am so excited. It looks simple and easy and super yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend found your recipe (probably through Pinterest) and,lucky for me, she made it for my family this week. I was having surgery and it was SUCH A BLESSING to have her bring your yummy meal to my house. I loved it so much I will be highlighting it on my blog this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, I have a couple of friends who are pregnant that I may make this for to help them out! Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  5. could this be cooked then frozen? it looks like a yummy easy dish to take to new moms but wondering if it's something that could be made ahead but frozen to reheat a another time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most pastas like this freeze wonderfully! I would def try it...

      Delete
  6. Where can I find the cooking creme? I looked in Walmart and now I'm in shoppers looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They don't make them anymore I think. I had a great enchilada recipe that used the cooking crème and I have looked everywhere but no one carries it anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found somewhere else and tried! Perfect for substitution if you can't find the Kraft Philly.

    Not my words but from a blog:

    Here's what you need:

    1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup chicken broth

    In a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese and broth. Stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.

    If you want an Italian flair, add 1 TBSP Italian herbs and a few dashes of grated Parmesan cheese.

    For the Southwest flavor, stir in 1 TBSP taco seasoning or a couple of teaspoons of taco sauce. A squeeze of lime juice can finish it off.

    Add lemon zest and a TBSP of lemon juice plus some herbs for sauce with a tangy twist.

    ReplyDelete