Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crockpot ranch pork chops

I know some people do the Wordless Wednesday thing on their blogs, I would love to try it but it's just not my style to keep my mouth shut, you all know that!  Anyway, this recipe is short, sweet, and to the point so it won't take much reading on this hump day for you to get through it. 

Below I pictured the crockpot, with a crockpot liner in it, and 6 pork chops thrown inside it.  In the bowl below it, I mixed one can of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup with one dry ranch dressing packet.



Pour the mixture on top of the crockpot pork chops like so....


Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Or if you want to do what I did, put it in the fridge on Sunday to have Justin start for you for dinner on Tuesday night while you're at boot camp. 


Drumroll, please.....and here you have it.  Crockpot ranch pork chops with absolutely no effort whatsoever. Whoever figured out that pork chops stay juicer in the crockpot than the grill deserves a medal, these were muy bien.  I used my trusty Uncle Ben's microwave rice steamers (after 90 seconds one bag is enough for 2 people to have long grain wild rice for dinner), and thawed some frozen sweet corn bags I have in freezer bags with 2 servings in them, and dinner is served.  I will share the sweet corn recipe when I do our big freezer batch this summer at the end of sweet corn season....it's absolutely wonderful to have sweet corn in the Winter and not have to wait for it every year even though it's a bit of a chore to do the work.  I got the recipe from Justin's Mom and have done a boomsy sized batch (4 dozen ears) for the last 2 years, which seems to get us through to the following Summer.

Just so you know I estimated (and I usually estimate on the heavy side to be safe) the plate pictured above at 550 calories...not bad for the biggest meal of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment