Friday, September 7, 2012

Easy Peasy Garlic Chicken

It's Friday and I'm tiiiiiiiiired. I think the wedding planning is starting to sneak into my brain at night and hammer at my sleep sirens every time they go off so I lay awake for at leeeeast 2 hours before dozing off (fitfully at best). Here's to hoping my type A,  OCD personality doesn't keep me up for the next 6 weeks or I may crash dive into slumber standing at the alter. Some days I'm bursting with energy, others I've got just enough to make it through the day and get to the couch at night. This recipe is one for the latter. Super duper simple, super duper yummy (kinda tasted naughty like it was fried or something), and super duper on my radar for an easy weeknight meal to dump in my gullet before autopilot kicks in taking me to braindead zone. Plus, 4 ingredients....jump on that wagon and ride it all the way to your own couch. Mine's taken.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 T brown sugar
2 t olive oil

Preaheat oven to 500 degrees and lightly grease a casserole dish. In small saute pan, saute garlic with the oil until tender. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink inside.

 

Fat Stats:
Cals: 300 per breast
Fat: 6.4 g
Sodium: 141.3
Carbs: 14.5 g
Protein: 25.2g


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment