Friday, December 9, 2011

Cynthia's boursin mushrooms

These things don't belong on a skinny kid blog at all...but it's the holidays so what the hey! The problem is that they are so simple to make that I don't even consider it a recipe.  Three...yeah I said three....ingredients and you're ready to go! The most important ingredient is pictured below:


There should be heavenly angel music playing in the background whenever you come across boursin cheese.  So rich and creamy...ugh, I wish the stuff was calorie-less.  Cynthia is a boursin mushroom goddess, she can tell you where the best ones are in town (as well as cheese sticks) wherever you are at the moment. I think she just decided to make them one time at home and this is what came of the attempt: absolute bliss.  If boursin cheese weren't so pricey I would make these every week.  I can give you a solemn promise that if you make these for a party, there will never EVER be one left over, and your guests will always ask you how you did it.   Pinky swear!

All you need is:

one of the large containers of fresh white mushrooms
one container of garlic and herb boursin cheese
fat free I cant believe its not butter spray

Clean your mushrooms and pull/wiggle the stems out of the caps.  Put a spoonfull of cheese into each mushroom cap and place onto a baking sheet.  Spray the whole bunch with spray butter to make sure they don't dry out and throw them in the oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. 

I always double this and have been known to triple it on occasion...if I don't I sometimes dont even get one before they're gone! They're absolutely delectable when they're warm out of the oven but they taste pretty pleasant when they're cold too...


Pin It


3 comments:

  1. They do make a light version of the Boursin Cheese at Hy-vee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know, good to know! I've never seen reduced fat before...will keep my eyes peeled :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering! Just have to trick Scott into believing mushrooms aren't used :)

    ReplyDelete