Thursday, February 9, 2012

Baked garlic parsley fries

While searching for a place to hold our rehearsal dinner in the Fall, we've been going to dinner in Ames quite often. One place we've gone (twice) is Pazzesco on Lincoln Way on the West end of town. It's a new-ish Italian Chophouse and I have to say...the food is always wonderful there! We are about 99% sure this is the place for our rehearsal dinner in October...oh, how I love when things are checked off the list :)

Anyway, the last time we went I ordered a chicken dish that was a (very wonderfully) seasoned chicken breast with a pickled red pepper served on top of a bed of the most delicious garlic fries I've ever had.  I had just completed my workout at Kosama for the evening so I felt awful about eating a full plate of fries but did indulge a little....but since that night I've had such a craving for a huge plate of fries, it's really not even funny.  Sometimes, a girl's just gotta give in, you know?! 

So I decided to make a skinnier version and I was very pleased with how great they turned out, I couldn't even tell they weren't thrown into a vat of vegetable oil in a deep fryer....

I just cut up 4 red potatoes and threw them in a bag with 1 T olive oil, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 t parsley and then mixed them all up until the potatoes were coated evenly.


Spread them out on a greased cookie sheet....


And bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, before flipping them over to get the golden brown on the other side. Bake for another 10 minutes and either flip again or start to devour...depending on if you like your fries, mushy or crunchy, everyone's got a different preference when it comes to the love of a potato.

Simple as that and you have a plate of these beauties staring you in the face...without the side of guilt that goes with them!

I've had a fondness for french fries since I was a kid, when mom used to work weekends and dad would make us plates of fries for dinner...that's it, just fries that were deep fried in the greasy wok.  I LOVED it then, but my hips hate them now.  


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment