Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken, broccoli, and potato divan

Like the chicken florentine casserole on Monday, this recipe was found on the Kraft website after I (on a whim) bought a couple of their cooking cremes at the store while browsing one day....I was sold at "savory garlic"...how could you not be?  I have since printed out more of these recipes, as this one was a hit!

What You Need:

1/2 cup  Italian dressing
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
1/2cup milk
1pkg. (20 oz.) refrigerated sliced potatoes (I used 4 small red potatoes and sliced them myself)
2 cups frozen broccoli florets (I just used the whole bag)
1 cup Cheddar Cheese (I used 2%)
1/8tsp. ground black pepper

Heat oven to 375ºF.
Pour dressing over chicken in shallow dish; turn to coat both sides of each breast. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate...or overnight like I did.


Mix cooking creme and milk in large bowl. Add potatoes, broccoli and 1/2 cup shredded cheese; mix lightly. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.


Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken over ingredients in baking dish; sprinkle with pepper. Cover.

Bake 1.5 hours or until heated through, uncovering and sprinkling with remaining shredded cheese after 45 min. Although this takes quite a while to bake, this is a pretty hands off dish....mix everything together and throw some chicken on top.  This would be perfect for a weekend afternoon, so you can smell the baking process, which is one of my favorite parts of cooking. 



The creme isn't the lowest calorie option, which is another reason why this would be weekend food (I splurge on the weekends and try to keep the taters and cream sauces out of my life Mon-Fri)...


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment