Monday, May 23, 2011

Asian sesame salmon

Although Justin is very good about trying new things I throw at him, salmon is one he's never been very open to as he just doesn't like it.  He likes other fish, like tilapia...so I don't really get how he hates salmon but he does so I never get to make it at home.  Michelle makes a terrific apple salmon BLT that I would make a lot in the summer on the grill but I am not up on making 2 dinners so I suppose I can sacrifice my love for salmon to make sure my dude gets fed at night! 

BUT this weekend I went home to stay with my parents while Justin was out of town for a bachelor party, and Mama K has the same dilemma: Big Dan hates salmon (as well as brussel sprouts, which we also made, hahaha), so he got a pork chop and pasta salad. 

This recipe came from one of the McCormick spice packets as I've mentioned before but is a very simple one with common ingredients that most people have in their spice racks at home:
http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Herbs-and-Spices/Recipe%20Inspirations/Asian-Sesame-Salmon.aspx

You will need:
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/3 cup honey
2 T soy sauce
2 lbs salmon fillets
...I omitted the 1 tsp of green onions because we didnt have them on hand but throw them in if you've got them!

Mix everything except the salmon together:



Spread the mixture over your salmon in a baking dish before throwing in the oven.  I saved some back to do another spread about halfway through cooking and another spread right before it was taken out of the oven.,  Roast salmon in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.  Very simple, very delicious, very much going to have to figure out a way to make Justin like salmon! The recipe for the bacon roasted brussel sprouts is in the "sides" section of this blog if you want it.  They were a perfect side to add some bitterness and saltiness to counteract the sweetness of the salmon, I absolutely loved this meal!



Pin It


1 comment:

  1. It is always more fun to cook with a companion! Loved the salmon.

    ReplyDelete