Thursday, July 19, 2012

Taco mix

Welp, I did it. I buckled to the peer pressure and my curiosity and went to Magic Mike last night with about 6 other girlfriends. I normally don't follow the crowd on the latest and greatest things, I tend to conform to being a non-conformist by purposely avoiding things that are "trendy". Case in point: I've never seen or read any of the vampire movies, books, tv shows (True Blood, Edward vs whatever his name, etc). I did fall victim to the Hungar Games craze but have no desire to read 50 Shades of Grey since everyone and their mother is talking about it lately. But the chance to see Channing Tatum's bottom will make any girl throw her non-conforming conformism right out the window....

I will say that more so than getting all hot and bothered by the movie, I was enthralled with the notion that people can actually physically move their bodies that way. I can't dance. Never have been able to...I blame Big Dan for not letting me have dance classes when I was 7 years old. So I truly appreciate someone who can dance, move, gyrate, and/or maneuver their bodies so gracefully....and man, was it graceful.  I will never again be able to think of anything else when I hear Ginuine's song, My Pony. And that's all I have to say about that...

I suppose we should steer the conversation in a little more food blog appropriate direction, so if you are headed to the movie and are one of those people who bring snacks in their purse (don't judge)...you may want to pack yourself some taco mix. How's that for a segue! Male stripper movie right into taco mix, and you didn't even see it coming!

I had this pinned (from Shugary Sweets) as a lake snack for quite some time and stumbled on it right before the 4th of July. It's always nice to have nibblies around for people who are hungry in between meals, the dill ranch oyster crackers that got devoured a while ago prove that statement. Anyway, this was a perfect snack to bring and set out for people, and I still have some left that I've had the girls nibbling on before dinner when they come over to help me with wedding invites the last couple of weeks. I actually threw them in the mail today...they're done, they're done, THEY'RE DONE!!!!!

OK, back to the snack mix...I doubled the recipe because it seems the cheez-its and the oyster crackers contained exactly 8 cups, and I'm no waster of food! This is a no bake recipe, so you just mix it all up and forget about it for a couple hours...and you're good to go!

Ingredients (16 cups)
  • 4 cup chex cereal
  • 4 cup oyster crackers
  • 4 cup cheese crackers
  • 4 cup pretzels twists (mini)
  • 2/3 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup taco seasoning mix
Instructions
In large paper bag, double lined, dump all ingredients. Fold top of bags down and shake about 20 times until everything is mixed and coated. Let sit until oil has been absorbed (bottom of bag will be greasy, so be sure to put it on a piece of wax paper or foil).
Pour into airtight container. Enjoy!


And there you have it...a movie review and a snack to take to the movie. I'm here for you guys! :) 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment