Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rosemary roasted chicken

We're going to go with an easy one today, folks...it is hump day, after all. Get through today and it's running downhill to the weekend, wheeeeeeeeeeee! Sidenote: have you ever seen the commercial with the little pig in the backseat of the car yelling "Wheeeeeeeee!!!!" all the way home? I die. Every time. But I digress....
 
This is one of those "I don't know what to make for supper" meals that always pleases. Main Man loves this shizz. The chicken gets a crispy skin (we are forever carnivores in our household and the skin is a treasured commodity since I normally serve boneless, skinnless chicken breast), the inside is super moist (I can type that word, but I cannot say it in real life....it's such a gross word), and the flavor (omg, you guys, the flavor!) is just perfection. I'm telling you...
 
Here's the scoop:
 
olive oil
rosemary
salt and cracked pepper to taste
chicken thighs
 
You take some thawed chicken thighs, enough for however many people you're serving, rub some olive oil into them like you're massaging away the stress of a hard week on that little chicken's thighs (I know how it feels if it had to do a zillion squats in Kosama this week too), season with salt, cracked pepper, and plenty of rosemary. Rosemary on chicken is like my fave spice...great on taters too. It just works.
 
 
Throw them in the oven (preheated to 400 degrees) for 20 minutes or so (maybe longer depending on your oven or the size of your thighs) until done. I always cut into chicken in its thickest part to make sure its done, I cringe at the thought of eating pink chicken. Ugh.
 
I served this with leftover marscapone mashed potatoes and it was the most down-home meal we've had in a while. Crisp chicken, creamy taters, and a big glass of milk...sigh. Happy hump day, all!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment