Monday, February 25, 2013

Cajun chicken with mango salsa

This recipe makes me "happy, happy, happy".  That was for all you Duck Dynasty fans out there :) But it's also the truth...I was so happy with how this turned out. I'm a huge fan of this mango salsa from a tilapia recipe my friend Michelle gave me, and I'm not real sure how I never thought to use if for chicken before. Now I'm wondering what else I could serve this on...it's got a kick to it that is instantly satiated by the sweetness of the mango, and the cilantro just finishes it off perfectly. I always make the mango salsa the night before to allow the flavors to meld, and the heat to kick up a notch...but you can do this all in one night if you so choose. Here's what you need for the star of the show:
 
mango salsa:
1 jalapeno diced
1/2 white onion diced
2 mangoes diced (they're tough to core so I need two to get the amount off
there that I want)
1 lime's juice squeezed in
fresh cilantro if you want (I use it if I have it but skip it if I don't)
 
If you want to see how I cut my mangoes, go check out the original recipe for tilapia and mango salsa.
 

I went simple with the chicken breast and just seasoned it with some cajun seasoning and a fancy pepper blend that I got from a good friend (who knows the way to my heart is fancy spices) from one of our wedding showers.

 
Have I showed you my grill pan yet?? We got it for our wedding and I just love this bugger! It makes the most beautiful grill marks on whatever I'm preparing, just like I pulled them off the grill, except I don't have to go outside in the snow to use it. Pretty perfect for an Iowa girl, if you ask me.


Cook the chicken through and then pile on as much or as little mango salsa as you feel is needed in your life...I like a lot...and serve (with steamed asparagus if you're me)!! So fresh and seems so summery...it's right around the corner folks!! Daylight savings time is over in 13 days...and counting down! This is a perfect meal to celebrate the coming of longer days in less than 2 weeks, if you ask me...enjoy!



Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment