Friday, February 1, 2013

BLT bites

Wanna know a secret? This is the last recipe from the Christmas season...all the recipes from here on out were actually prepared this year. Sorry for being so behind on life. I've always been a little slow :)
 
I realize this picture is not the best. I realize I didn't actually make these with my own two hands (thank you Teri, these were lifechanging). But you have to understand...there was no way that I could keep this recipe from you. Not a possibility. I plowed through these things like a snowblower, you guys. Actually maybe more like a woodchipper...chewed them up and kept coming back for more. No matter how full I was, I could always fit one more into the pit. Kinda like the pesto cream cheese tomatoes I made for Easter this year. Something about cherry tomatoes stuffed with goodness. They're my kryptonite.

Ingredients

  • 1 container cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup chopped green onions
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

  • Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
  • In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer serving

If you want to see what an actual photographer can make these look like, and not a fat kid snapping a pic in between handfulls of food, check out the link to the actual recipe here at Taste of Home.  Un.Real.





Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment