Wanna know a secret? This is the last recipe from the Christmas season...all the recipes from here on out were actually prepared this year. Sorry for being so behind on life. I've always been a little slow :)
I realize this picture is not the best. I realize I didn't actually make these with my own two hands (thank you Teri, these were lifechanging). But you have to understand...there was no way that I could keep this recipe from you. Not a possibility. I plowed through these things like a snowblower, you guys. Actually maybe more like a woodchipper...chewed them up and kept coming back for more. No matter how full I was, I could always fit one more into the pit. Kinda like the pesto cream cheese tomatoes I made for Easter this year. Something about cherry tomatoes stuffed with goodness. They're my kryptonite.
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer serving
If you want to see what an actual photographer can make these look like, and not a fat kid snapping a pic in between handfulls of food, check out the link to the actual recipe here at Taste of Home. Un.Real.