Thursday, March 29, 2012

Crockpot philly sandwiches

I've never made Philly sandwiches at home, although I do love them in restaurants. I've had awesome turkey philly's too, I wonder if this would work with the leftovers from the 28 lb turkey we cooked for our friends Christmas last weekend (Christmas in March is the best!)....I may have to give that a shot!

Mama Cynthia brought this over for dinner a couple of weeks ago so we could discuss bachelorette party plans for me and so I could get some baby Greyson snuggles, of course. These were so good that we both kinda sat there after finishing our plates, and finally one of us says "I'll split another one with you"....both of us were thinking it but neither of us wanted to say it first.  Now that's a good sandwich...haha!

2 lb Eye of round steak cut into strips
2 Tbl butter melted
2 Green peppers
1 Red Pepper
1/2 onion
1/2 Cup water
2 tsp Beef boullion granules
1 Tbl garlic pepper blend
Salt to taste
Hoagie Buns
Monteray jack cheese

Combine steak, butter, onions, garlic-pepper blend, and salt in crock pot. Whisk together water and beef boullin granules in small bowl, pour into crockpot, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. One hour before serving, add the peppers. Remove meat and peppers and pile it on the buns buns, add cheese and place under broiler to melt cheese.

When I make this next (because I know I will), I will probably omit the butter as I find butter in that quantity in recipes usually doesn't make a taste difference. Also, I would like to try chicken or turkey phillys as well...the possibilities are endless! Cynthia may have found me my new favorite crockpot meal! Please excuse the photos...I was too busy getting baby love to worry about my picture quality that night, but believe me these are a party in your mouth :)



Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment