Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mini crab rangoons

The last of the asian inspired fakeouts are these crab rangoons.  These were not on the menu plan and I'm sure could be made better if I really thought about more ingredients but they tasted great, especially for a last minute throw together!  I had a box of the mini phyllo cups in the freezer to be used for something at a later date...not sure what I had in mind for those.  Thawed the crab and threw some green onions into the 8 oz container of fat free cream cheese, and we had our filling mixture. I forgot to take a picture before he used a lot of it up...


Spoon that into the mini phyllo cups, throw a dot of sriracha sauce on top, and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  Serve with sweet and sour sauce and remember you can have an extra one because they're baked and not fried :)




By the way....CURT made these!  Yep, you heard me.  He has actually become a pretty good help in the kitchen as long as I keep a beer in his hand and he's hungry enough to want to get to dinner quicker.  We were waiting for Justin to get home from work with Gary and Tony with Aly...so he dove right in and made the crab rangoon.  So seriously, if Curt can do this...don't be scared!

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment