Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Snack mix

WARNING:  This recipe does not belong on a skinny food blog...it just doesn't.  I should have quit touching it when I heard how it was made but the stuff is like crack, I'm telling you!  Maggie brought this for the roadtrip and tailgate at Wefest, and I think she got the recipe from someone else in the family.  Here's how Maggie told me to make it:

1 small box of cheerios
1 box of Chex cereal
½ bag of bugles
½ bag of Cheetos
1 box of cheez-its
1 container of dry roasted peanuts
1 box of Wheatables

1 small bottle of Orville popcorn oil
2 ranch packets

Layer 2 paper bags and throw everything above, except the oil and ranch packet in the bag and shake until it’s mixed.  In a bowl, mix the oil and the 2 ranch packets and slowly pour into the bag over the mix.  I do a little at a time, shake, and repeat until the oil mix is gone.  Dump into a big pan, I had to use a large roast pan and another smaller pan.  Bake at 225 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

You can really add whatever you want into the mix.


It doesn't look that jazzy, folks, but I'm telling you right now you won't have any control over this stuff.  I could probably go without the Wheatables and use extra Bugles and Cheetoes instead.  Either way, give this a try but don't do it when you're the only one eating it....fair warning has been given!

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment