Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Prosciutto wrapped pork chops

Because why wouldn't you wrap your pork in more pork?  I've done this a couple times for easy grilling nights, and it's always a hit (which is nice because it literally takes 3 minutes to prepare before throwing on the grill).  Prosciutto is not something I keep laying around because jeeeeeeez, it's expensive!  I did have sort of an obsession with it for a while though when Mom and I ate at a wood grilled pizza place and we had some on our pie....so yummy and salty! 

Prosciutto is an Italian dry cured ham, so it's basically thinly sliced cured ham that doesn't even need to be cooked.  Most of the time it's served uncooked, but the grill crisps this up nice and tight to the pork chop to leave it with almost a ham crust...yes, I said ham crust.  Thank me later...

2 pork chops
4 slices prosciutto
salt and pepper to taste
rosemary
olive oil

Rub your pork chops with olive oil and season with freshly cracked salt, pepper, and rosemary.


Secure 2 slices of prosciutto to each pork chop with toothpicks...


Throw them on the grill on medium low heat (you want to cook them slowly), and flip after 10 minutes.  When pork chop is no longer pink inside....serve.  You can write me a thank you note tomorrow. 


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment