Monday, August 15, 2011

Seafood fried rice

What do you do when you have to make dinner for 6 people unexpectedly in an hour?  Fried rice.  I was soooo happy with how this turned out, was actually going to make this for dinner on Friday anyway, but it was very easy to add things to in order to make it a big enough meal for 6 rather than 2 people.

I had a half a bag each of leftover shrimp and scallops from the pasta the day before and thought it would be easy to make a seafood fried rice, since I wanted an asian meal to go with my buffalo chicken egg rolls that were really what I was excited to try! You could also do this with chicken, beef, or pork...depending on what you've got laying around.

So here's what you need:

1/2 lb shrimp
1/2 lb scallops
1/2 lb crab meat
3 cloves minced garlic
6 eggs
6 green onions
1/2 bag broccoli
*whatever other veggies you want to add, I went the easy way and used premade Teriyaki rice from Uncle Ben's so there were already a few peas in there but you could add peas or carrots or whatever you want to if you use normal rice. This is really a throw together whatever you've got dish...

Scramble the eggs with the diced onions and minced garlic...


Add your seafood and other veggies once the eggs are done, stir continuously so nothing gets torched on the bottom. The seafood shouldn't have too cook long, I would say 5-8 minutes on medium heat...


Cook your Uncle Ben's 90 second teriyaki rice in the microwave (for 6 people, I used 4 bags), and then add it to the skillet.  Mix together thouroughly and serve!




I added a bunch of soy sauce and sriracha sauce, because you all know I like my food to kick me in the mouth!  Mmmm, this was good and I had the minimal leftovers for brunch the next day!


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment