Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Grilled balsamic garlic pork tenderloin

I've been on a "carb free after 5 pm" thing lately....well, kinda. When I say carbs, I mean no pasta or bread, I still drink milk and eat veggies with carbs in them (corn, etc). I honestly think if you're trying to kick start some weight loss, sticking to protein and veggies late in the day is key. The best part is, I never go to bed hungry when I have a plate full of meat so it's a win-win!

It's worked...although I've been working out at Kosama since January 9, when I did my last test out the scale hadn't moved. Yes, I had lost fat mass and gained muscle (they have a special scale that tells you all that) but it's disheartening to know after all that work that you still weigh the same. It's taken this long to start seeing the scale shift, even though my clothes are fitting better, and I think dinners like these should get partial credit for that. 

P.S. This was fantabulous! I thought pork loin was expensive but I got a little guy at Hy-Vee for $4 that was enough to feed Justin and I...can't really beat that!

5 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 T balsamic vinegar
2.5 t salt
.5 t ground pepper
2 T olive oil
pork tenderloin

Stir together all the ingredients and then add to a baggie with the pork tenderloin to marinate overnight. Sear the tenderloins on all sides, then grill for 20-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Just like chicken, you want to keep a good eye on pork, if you get it overdone, it will not be juicy and tasty, it will get dry and lose a lot of flavor. Let the meat rest 4-5 minutes before slicing.

I served this with one of our favorite veggies, the roasted brussel sprouts, and that was that!


I'm a huge fan of marination lately...soak that yumminess up all day while I'm at work so I can put you in my stomach after my workout! Mmmmmmmm, I'm such a carnivore!  :)

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. If I wanted to make this but in an oven because I don't have a grill how would I go about cooking it that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would sear all sides on the stove first, in a skillet with some olive oil....then bake it in the oven at 350 until 160 degrees. That's what I would do, but let me know how it turns out! :)

      Delete