Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mediterranean herb crusted tilapia

You've all heard this from me before, and I still pinky swear that I don't work for McCormick.  Whoever thought of these little spice packet deals deserves a raise, or a piece of the company for that matter....genius, I say! Although I have all the spices in this packet in my cupboard, the pre-measuring is just so flipping convenient...plus, you don't have to search for anything (if your spice cupboard looks like mine, you know what I'm talkin' bout).

See here, here, and here for some of the other McCormick spice packets I've bought, used, filed, and then recreated with my own spices thereafter. Obviously since this is the 4th post including one of these babies, I'm serious when I say get your booty to the store and give these a shot!

I don't know if I was just hungry, or just craving this flavor combo without knowing, but this was one of those meals where I sat there afterwards thinking...."DAMN, that was goooooood!"  You know you have that feeling sometimes...or maybe I'm the only freak who does that? Try this and let me know if you get that thought afterwards :)

1 t minced garlic
1 t marjoram leaves
1 t ground mustard
1 t basil
1 t oregano
1 t black pepper
4-6 tilapia fillets
1 t salt
1/3 cup olive oil (calls for butter but I subbed)
1.5 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
3/4 cup panko
1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper (I left this out because I didn't have it on hand)
3 T parmesan cheese

Place fish on foil lined shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with salt. Mix olive oil and all the spices in a medium bowl. Brush the fish with the seasoned olive oil.

Stir the spinach, panko, bell pepper, and parmesan together and divide the mixture evenly among the fillets, pressing lightly so mixture adheres to the top of the fish as best as possible.


Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. O.M.G. Tilapia is my favorite fish so I have a couple favorite ways to prepare it, and this recipe just joined that list.  I served it with my new fave side dish that I'm sure you're all going to be sick of me raving about soon, the twice baked cauliflower, which is a healthier, and low carb version of potatoes. I'm now wishing I hadn't killed the leftovers for lunch already...better add this to next week's rotation to get my fix again!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment