Monday, April 2, 2012

Spicy garlic chicken

Monday. Ugh. Usually I'm dragging butt still recovering from the weekend and trying to get my head back in the game for the next 5 days.  Not today though.  Nope. Today I was at work before my alarm to get up even went off. Today I'm hitting Kosama in the morning because I've had my coffee and breakfast and am ready to hit it. Today I'm excited it's going to hit mid-80's again at the beginning of April and this Summer weather in the Spring just gets me giddy and energized! 

My energy will likely fade throughout the day, but it's a nice feeling for a non-morning person to have since it's not all that common for me. My mood is correlated with the fact that we had such a productive weekend, which led us to being in bed at 8:30 pm last night. I don't think that's happened in the 3 years Justin and I have been together....8:30, really?  Anyway, no matter what the reason, I'm going to enjoy it today.  Getting my workout in early so I can go home and sit by the pool and read in the perfect weather tonight after work...that's what I'm talking about!

As you know, I love to cook. But sometimes I just don't feel like or have the energy to cook from scratch. I don't always want to hit the grease laden take out joints near our house, and options for those are limited anyhow. So I've found some easy subs to throw in when the mood just doesn't strike me...and I thought I would share one of those with you while the weather is so great, so you don't have to sit in the house making dinner tonight, instead maybe you can read outside like me! :)

So here's what you do:

1. Buy this
2. Follow the directions (very simple, just add chicken and then throw in the skillet)
3. Ignore the step about breading the chicken with the seasoning packet they provide, and the pan frying it in oil (just use fat free cooking spray to grease your skillet). It adds so much msg and calories, and although it's tempting, this sauce has more than enough flavor to go around.


Everything you need is included in this package, except for the chicken. It's under $4, not bad for you if you don't fry the chicken, and it tastes like take out! This is the perfect amount for 2-3 hungry adults, so if you're lazy like me sometimes...do yourself a favor.


I have some amazing food ready for this week so stay tuned, there are some great recipes coming your way soon! Happy Monday, everyone!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment