Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pepperoncini goat cheese chicken

This is one of the simplest recipes I've found in a food magazine in my life. It sounded good but I'll admit the only reason I tried it was because it had 3 ingredients, and I had a plethora of one of them coming from my garden at the time. Pepperoncinis are absolutely perfect to dice up on a salad, or put in an omelette, but what else do you really do with them? You dice them up, mix them with goat cheese, stuff them in some chicken, and grill...that's what!
 
1 large pepperoncini, diced
4 oz goat cheese (I used herb and garlic flavored)
2 chicken breasts
 
Slit the chicken breasts down the middle and open up so it looks like a...you know. I'm not going to say it...but you know. Plop half of the mixture of goat cheese and pepperoncini in each of them, and throw them on the warmed up grill! You obviously can't flip these, so you have to cook low and slow to prevent burning, but there's not much work involved besides checking on it every few minutes.
 
I don't even know what else to say...and I'm never at a loss for words. This stuff was great, Main Man asked what was in it and I didn't even want to tell him how easy they were, it's slightly embarrassing. I served them with some twice baked cauliflower and the last batch of sweet corn on the cob for the year (most likely). It was just what I was craving, and literally took 5 minutes to put together. Can't beat that with a stick. Enjoy your hump day, everyone!
 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment