Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Champagne punch

I was in charge of making the punch for Amanda's big bachelorette party this weekend, so I scoured the internet to find a yummy concoction that would be tasty, but not too strong for a pre-going out drink.  This turned out great and I liked the addition of fruit to it.  I tripled the recipe, since we were serving about 15 girls...and we only had a bit leftover.  I will give the amounts I used, as it was sort of tough to translate the amounts when the recipe called for ounces and the bottles of pop are in pints, the recipe called for quarts and the bottles of champagne were in milliliters, etc. 

3 (12 oz) frozen fruit punch, partially thawed
2 (16 oz) frozen bags of strawberries
2.5 cups orange juice
1 (2 L) bottle of diet ginger ale
4 bottles champagne (I went with brut so it wasnt the sweet variety since all the juices were so sweet)
6 cups water

I really wish I had a frozen ice ring, but we just kept adding ice to the punch bowl to melt (I used 6 cups of water instead of 9 cups since some of the ice would melt and I didnt want to dilute it too much, so if you have an ice ring, you may want to add 9 cups of water).  Add all ingredients and stir to combine, not much simpler than that!



Pin It

1 comment: