Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cabbage salad

I've always loved the asian tasting cabbage salad they have at Palmer's Deli, but have never really thought to try to make it myself. Then, low and behold, Mern brought it's salad twin to Leslie's birthday party a few weeks ago (my contributions were the strawberry angel food kabobs and the loaded baked potato dip....and I couldn't get it off my mind. I'm not ashamed to text someone for a recipe now and then...and Mern delivered! So I made me a big ol' batch for Father's day weekend and enjoyed every last ramen noodle....thanks Mern!

1 head cabbage
green onion
1 packet chicken ramen noodles
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar (I use a little more rice vinegar)
chicken packet from ramen
sugar to taste

Cut cabbage into thin slices and then chop the slices. Dice the green onion. Smash the package of ramen noodles and add to cabbage, onion, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Mix the dressing together and cover the salad.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment