Friday, June 1, 2012

Dill ranch oyster crackers

This is our first post from: the food of Memorial Day weekend....in my head, that was stated loud and fast like the host of The Soup announcing "It's reality show clip time!!"  Get it? No? Moving on...

What do you need for a long weekend away? Snacks. Besides having meals to throw on the grill for simplicity, I wanted to have food laying around that if anyone was hungry at any time, they could nibble through it. These turned out to be the perfect thing to have on hand while we were working on the finishing touches of the lake house on Friday day and night...since we didn't get around to eating dinner until after 9 pm and didn't have much lunch to speak of!

Main Man couldnt keep his paws out of the stuff even the night I made them...."Why don't you just buy these instead of making them?"  Well, if you find a store where I can buy these, I'm in! Anything with ranch on it, Curty will be pounding...I think I saw him facedown in the bowl once.

1 (1 oz) package ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil (I always use olive oil for it's health benefits)
1 t dried dill weed (or to your taste)
1/2 t garlic powder (or to your taste)
salt to taste
1 box or bag oyster crackers

Preheat oven to 250°.
In a large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and mix well. Stir in oyster crackers mix to coat. Pour crackers onto a large cookie sheet.
Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
Cool and add to a covered container.


Super simple. TONS of taste. Perfect poppability for snacking purposes. You just can't really beat it! I doubled the recipe and these were gone before the weekend was over...I have a feeling this will be a standard lake treat this Summer!



Pin It


1 comment:

  1. good relevant information about dil oil.what are the benefits of dil oil for more information click here.. Dill Oil Benefits

    ReplyDelete