Friday, June 8, 2012

Leslie's healthy cookie dough dip

Alright. It's Memorial Day weekend. We had pizza for breakfast. We have to wear a swimsuit today (and the rest of the weekend, mind you). See where I'm headed with this? We needed some healthier choices throughout the day so we didn't feel (and look) like Shamu on the beach...nobody needs to see that, believe me. Enter: Leslie's cookie dough dip...exept it's not cookie dough, but it tastes kinda like it, and you dip fruit in it, so it's healthy right? Right.

I'm usually not a huge fan of sweeter dips, but this one was a hit! And although I am notoriously excited about a pile of fat kid food in front of my face, it's funny how something fresh and light will be just what you need when you've been munching on chips or other easy snack foods all weekend. You would never be able to pick out that this dip is made from garbanzo beans...I mean never. I really wouldn't have guessed that this dip is actually good for you, to be honest. High fives for Leslie helping out with healthier options for the weekend....thanks, lady!! Here is the recipe she gave me to make it again on my own:

1 Can Garbanzo beans
2/3 C Brown Sugar (Less when not for a party, or to make it healthier use Stevia or Honey, instead of or part/part)
1/8 tsp Salt
Little more than 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 C. Nut Butter - I used Trader Joe's sunflower butter
1/4 C. Milk - I only have soy in the house, so I used that
1/3 C Choc chips
2-3 T Oats

Put all in food processor or blender. I started with the beans and milk, then added everything except the chocolate chips. Add the choc chips after blending is done. Dont skip the salt or its gross.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment