Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baked chicken parmesan

I thought this was going to be a lot harder than it was...I made everything ahead (on Sunday and I believe I cooked this on Tuesday) and threw it in the fridge to cook later in the week (except the croutons, I added those right before throwing in the oven so they didn't get soggy).  I also thought I would need noodles since chicken parmesan is usually served on spagetti or something of the sort, but this was a meal in and of itself...which is great, because I dont always need carbs in the evening after working out!  Here's what you need:

2 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
red pepper flakes to taste
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded (I used 2%)
4 oz parmesan, grated
1 package garlic croutons (I used fat free)

Now you layer!  Olive oil, garlic, and pepper flakes on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.  Chicken boob (no, I will never grow up) laid out on top of that and spread with the marinara sauce.  Top with basil and half the mozz and parm....then throw the croutons on....then top with remaining cheese. 

I love when there's a paragraph that small with directions.  Makes my life hella easy! Throw that bad boy in the 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes, and serve!


I've gotten a little addicted to the Gino's marinara sauce and their spagetti sauce as well...locally made, their restaurants always have top notch food, and their sauces are no different.  Good work, Gino!


I didn't think this step of spreading spices on the bottom would elicit so much flavor, but wow the chicken had awesome taste!



Done and done.  Nice and crunchy on top like it's breaded (but it's not), cheesy and saucy to perfection...this will be made again for sure! Im ate this for lunch for 3 days last week too and never once got sick of it...give it a shot!

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment