Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pepperoncini beef sandwiches

I really thought that my only beef roast recipe that I would ever use would be Mama K's french dips....but this jumped right off the page for me when I saw it, had even less ingredients, and I happened to have a roast in the freezer screaming for some pepperoncinis!  As I stated yesterday, I'm in the habit of making dinners for the week on Sunday, so I have little to no work to do when I get home...it's dreamy! This was one of last week's concoctions that I just added the ingredients to the crockpot, threw it in the fridge, and told Justin which day to start it...

1-3 # beef roast
5 cloves minced garlic
16 oz jar of pepperoncinis (I used banana peppers)
crusty sandwich rolls
sliced swiss or provolone cheese

Throw it all in the crockpot (including the juice from your peppers), and cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Serve with a slice of cheese on a crusty bun and devour....not that you would be able to help yourself from doing that last part.


The leftovers were promptly killed the following night....these were magnificent! Just the right amount of heat, and no stomach problems later for my main man and his old man tummy.  This could very well take over the french dip recipe for me in the favorites department....man, last week was a great week for new recipes, I tell you!

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment