Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Egg muffins

I figured we should go with something everyone likes today since yesterday's recipe was not exactly a crowd pleaser....unless you're my father.  This is a very simple idea, but extremely cute and a new (to me) way to serve eggs.  Michelle did this for Cynthia's baby shower last month, and they turned out so great that I had to try it at Candy's for Christmas morning.  They're little omelette muffins!!!  And they can't be easier to make....plus it's fun if you have kids, or picky eaters (ahem, Tony) that don't like all the stuff in their eggs that everyone else does.

We used a 12 hole muffin tin and sprayed it with Pam.  Put all your diced ingredients in the bottom of each muffin hole...so I used everything in mine: sausage, mushrooms, onions, cheese, tomatoes.  Then you have 12 eggs whisked up to fill the cups with after all ingredients are included.  Bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes and you have a cute little breakfast munchie to chow on while opening gifts.  I added a little hot sauce to my eggs, per usual.  You know how I like my heat :) If you want to keep them warm to serve them to a party like we did at the shower, they stay very nicely in a crockpot kept on the warm setting...

One other thing I might add....Santa brought me a new camera for Christmas so my pics are going to be drastically better soon....just like this one!  Can't you just crawl in that photo?? 


Pin It


2 comments:

  1. Great on their own, but paired with your lasagna cups, an unbeatable hunger fighting duo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they're just so cute to boot!! Can't beat a cute meal :)

    ReplyDelete