Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Crockpot asian beef and noodles

I don't think I've had ramen noodles since college...we won't go into how many years that's been.  For some reason, I got super excited to try this because it included ramen though.  I used to live off that and Easy Mac!  Plus, you all know how I feel about my crockpot....dinner done when I walk in the door from work?  Boo-yaaaaaa!

Recipe:

1(16 oz) package frozen stir fry veggies
2-2.5 lbs beef roast
1 (12 oz) bottle stir fry sauce (any flavor but I use the spicy szecuan for some KICK!)
3/4 cup chicken or beef broth (I used low sodium chicken)
1 tsp crushed red pepper
2 packages beef or chicken ramen noodles (I used chicken)

Throw the frozen veggies in on the bottom after you have lined your crockpot with the disposable liner.  Throw the meat on top of that.  Mix your stir fry sauce, broth, and crushed pepper together and drizzle it on top of the meat.  Should resemble this:



Cover and cook on low for 9 hours (or you can do high for 4.5-5 hours but I like leaving stuff in all day while Im at work).  At the end of your cooking time, add the ramen (broken up) as well as the sauce packets to the crockpot for 10 minutes.  Pull meat into smaller pieces and stir before serving.


I can't get over how good this was...had some kick and great flavor! I will say it's probably not the healthiest thing on this blog though.  Next time I would leave the spice packets from the ramen out as they didn't add much extra except for tons of sodium, and I would also add an extra bag of frozen veggies in the bottom as I wouldve loved some more of those.  I really wish I would have known how to do this in college!!


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment