Thursday, June 30, 2011

Roasted garlic cauliflower

Simple, simple, SIMPLE!  Oh, and GARLICKY!  But that won't bother you if you're anything like me...I crave garlic.  I used to get garlic bagels with garlic cream cheese from Breugers...until I realized that was all the calories I shouldve been consuming in one day, let alone one meal.  Probably not a good thing to munch on a garlic clove first thing in the morning either.  It might be my favorite spice ever...right up there with crushed red pepper, I use both of them as much as possible. 

Anyway, this is a quick one:

2 T minced garlic
3 T olive oil
1 head of cauliflower
Dash italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used reduced fat)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and throw some Pam in the bottom of a casserole dish...disposable like mine if you don't want clean-up duties after dinner :)

Combine garlic, oil, and cauliflower in a ziploc bag, shake to cover the veggies....and make sure your bag is closed or your cauliflower will fly all over the place...not that I know from personal experience or anything. 


Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle with italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.



Cover with tin foil.  Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.  And then, you have super duper garlic lover's heaven right at your fingertips! 



Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment