Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Guacamole

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the guacamole, but the color did turn out nice.  I have to say that I used to despise the stuff...can't stand avacados and guac just freaked me out.  The first kind I tried and liked was made by Mrs. Mohr's husband, Mark (shout out to Mr. Mohr!)...I have tons of her recipes on here, why wouldn't I need to have one of his! 

This was one thing I should not have let the boys help with though.  There were chunks of avacados and tomatoes that were too big, I think next time I would use the food processor on pulse to cut things up how I want them.  I will be making this again on my own to try my hand at it once more....

4-5 ripe avacados
1 whole onion
1 whole tomato
2 jalapenos
1-2 cups salsa (I used my homemade stuff)
cilantro
1 lime to squeze the juice over the top (this was what I forgot, it makes the flavors meld together and keeps the guac from turning brownish if it sits for a bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment