Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Protein bars

In honor of RAGBRAI, I figured I should post these even though I didn't get a chance to make them myself yet. A friend from my hometown, Jason Lambertz sent me this recipe the other day and I can't wait to try it. I spend so much $ on protein bars and meal bars for workouts or meal replacements throughout the day, that it makes sense to make your own.  I don't know why I've never thought of it before...

There won't be any posts until I'm back from RABGRAI next week but I hope to have lots of pictures and good stories to share when I get back!  Until then, give these a shot and let me know how you like them!

2 cups quaker oats
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla protein powder... i use eas soy protein
1 cup milled flax seed
1 cup honey

Combine all ingredients together until well blended, use wax paper to press down into a 9x13 pan approx 1" thick. Refrigerate. Cut into 2x2 bars.
Thanks, Jason!


Catch you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment