Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baked herbed tilapia

If you like seafood, and need a meal in 20 minutes from start to plate with ingredients most people have in their fridge and spice rack, you're in the right place!

2 skinless tilapia fillets
ground salt and pepper
1 T fat free mayo
1 T parsley
1 T dill weed
lemon wedges for serving, optional

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Place fillets in a baking dish, and season with desired amount of salt and pepper.  Divide mayo evenly over the top of the fillets, and then sprinkle the fish with parsley and dill evenly as well.


Bake until opaque throughout, about 15 minutes. This literally takes 5 minutes to prep...perfect for a weeknight meal!


I really enjoyed this meal, as tilapia is one my fave fishies since it's so mild.  The mayo gave it a little creaminess with not much added fat and the dill was a great touch to give it some different flavor.  I don't think Justin was impressed though...when he saw it before I put it in the oven he went out to the shop nonchalantly and got a pizza out of the deep freeze to sneak in the oven while this cooked.  I've been trying to cut calories so portion sizes are smaller and I'm going as low cal as possible, and he's very supportive most of the time.  He usually likes tilapia but I think the mayo scared him....I did get him to chomp on a side of broccoli though!

And he saw me eyeballing the rest of the pizza so he went to the pan, spit on all of them and then put them on his plate, and proceeded to eat the. whole. thing.  He knew the pizza would stare at me and whisper my name every time I opened the fridge if he had leftovers (pizza is sort of my achilles heel when trying to cut weight), so he took one for the team....now that's love! Haha!


FAT STATS (for the tilapia, not the pizza!)
231 cals
7 grams of fat (this was with light mayo not with fat free so I would think it would be significantly lower than this)
41.6 g protein
1.5 g carbs


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment