Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cheesecake stuffed strawberries

I have a problem with cheesecake, and I'm sure I've told you about it before. I don't really have issues with dessert...I'm more of an "order seconds of the salty food" than an "I need dessert" type of chica...the line is drawn at cheesecake though. I love the stuff. Like I don't make it because I will get up in the middle of the night and eat it kind of love...it's bad. 

Which makes these little suckers PERFECT for me!  They are still pretty healthy as the cheesecake is parked inside of a strawberry, and they're bitesized so I don't eat a whole half of a cheesecake when I'm chowing on them. Amanda really outdid herself with this one, I can't wait to make these for my family for Thanksgiving! I'm not sure where she got the recipe, but I have seen this floating around on Pinterest so when she spilled what she was making for Michelle's birthday surprise, I was pumped...almost like it was my birthday!!

So here we go...

About 20 strawberries (a little over one carton)
8 oz package of cream cheese (I would use fat free)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1 sleeve graham crackers (or the pre-crumbed ones like I have in my cupboard)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips if you wanna get all schmancy about it (optional)

Wash the strawberries and cut the tops off.  Mix together the sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese. Core the fruities, and throw a dallop of the cheesecake into each one. Dip the top into your graham cracker crumbs and refridgerate until ready to serve.  If you want to use the chocolate chips, just melt them in the microwave and put the chocolate into a ziplock bag so you can put stripes of chocolate across the strawberries as well for a little added layer of decadence.  I'll tell you what though, these things won't last long. I wouldn't make them too far ahead of time or they will be gone before you get them out of the fridge to serve...I grabbed one every time I walked by the container! Kudos to our dessert chef, Amanda!


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment