Thursday, October 27, 2011

Crockpot caesar chicken

Quick post Thursday! This was a simple, SIMPLE crockpot dinner (you know how I love those) that was a little different than usual...no cream of whatever soup at all! Plus I had fresh basil and tons of tomatoes on hand so this moved right to the top of my recipe stack!

2 cups Caesar salad dressing (Ken's is the shizz!!)


1 cup sweet Italian dressing
half an onion
2 t Italian seasoning
2 t sweet basil
2 T sugar (I left this out)
1 can Italian seasoned tomatoes (I just had plain canned tomatoes so I added a bunch more Italian seasoning)
Chicken breasts (I used 3 breasts for this amount of sauce)

Place chicken breasts into crockpot with a liner.  Mix all other ingredients together and pour over the top of the chicken. 


Cook on low for 6-8 hours and serve over no yolk egg noodles (or on high for 3 hours which is what I did).  You can choose to thicken the sauce the last 30 minutes with some corn starch, but I skipped that step. I just added the noodles to the crockpot after they were boiled, and shredded the chicken, and let it all simmer in there together all stirred up for about 15 minutes, so the starch from the noodles thickened the sauce right up to perfect!  Justin has steadily been working on these leftovers, so I know that's usually a good sign even if he doesn't comment on a meal the first time around. If the leftovers sit in the fridge without nibbles gone for a few days....it was a flop! Very scientific guage, huh?



Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment