Friday, October 14, 2011

Parmesan roasted broccoli

This recipe is from the Food Network's website, so you know it's been tested and approved by many!  I always make my broccoli the same way, so I'm in turn always looking for a new recipe to shake it up.  This included pine nuts as well, and I just so happened to have a little jar (holy eff, that stuff is expensive!) in the pantry to use.

My standard way of preparing broccoli is to steam it, and then add fresh cracked salt and pepper, and some reduced fat parmesan cheese on top....I'm telling you, I can eat my weight in the stuff, and you don't want to know how much that is! Justin thinks I should stick with our normal recipe but I thought this one was pretty tasty and little different than normal....although with the addition of the olive oil, I will probably stick with my standard method most of the time to keep calories in check.

1 bunch broccoli
olive oil
4 minced garlic cloves
cracked salt and pepper to taste
2 T lemon juice
3 T pine nuts
1/2 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese
2 T ripped basil leaves

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Toss the broccoli with all the ingredients except for parmesan and lemon juice before throwing into a greased baking sheet. 


Roast for 20-25 minutes (or until florets and pine nuts are browning), stirring a couple times throughout cook time. Toss with lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Serve that shizz.


Doesn't that look nummy!?  So glad I grew into a veggie lover from my veggie hater status as a kid....


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment